How to increase your chances of finding The One
Finding love is the top New Year's resolution for most single people over fifty, according to a recent Huffington Post article. If want to vastly increase your chances of a lasting romance, plan to do things a little differently in the coming year.
- Become open to a variety of new possibilities. The love of your life may well look different then you have previously envisioned. When you fall for someone right away, your connection is likely to fall apart within a few months.
- Rather than becoming invested in the outcome, accept that it takes time to discover if someone might be your true love.
- Spruce up your appearance so that you're more likely to attract interest. Don't leave home without looking your best.
- Get out and meet new people every day. Show a friendly interest in others, vary your schedule in order to find the best times to interact with people who may be of interest and ask friends for introductions. Use online dating sites to meet potential dates who you wouldn't ordinarily encounter.
- Approach new introductions and dates with open expectations and a positive attitude. Rather than trying to ascertain if he or she is "the one," ask yourself if he or she is a possible new friend. It's unrealistic to expect that someone who you are just getting to know is an absolute "yes;" they are either a "no way" or a "maybe."
- View attraction as an opportunity to discover if you're compatible, rather than as a signal that you must immediately pursue a relationship. As you become better acquainted, you'll have opportunities to see whether both of your actions indicate that you have similar values and relationship goals.
If you choose to adopt these resolutions you are likely notice a difference in your love life within a short time. If you need support, my coaching programs have helped hundreds of people. Please contact me for a consultation to see if coaching is right for you.